And for the first time I feel less alone

Wow, I can finally show you photos from my Langkawi Island trip with another 11 people from my class after being missing for weeks. It felt so good to pick up my camera again! 

As you can tell, you had to take a ferry to get to the island. The sea was fairly wavy after heavy rain that day and we got a tiny bit dizzy. Thank goddess none of us threw up. I think it's funny yet smart that they learned the lesson and actually took some pills to prevent seasickness on the day we left. 

So we rented 3 cars and headed to our resort. It amazed us to know the beach was just a few steps away from our chalets. The ocean was looking absolutely beautiful that everyone was talking about how they want to sleep right on the beach. After dropping off our bags, we went to shop for duty-free alcohol and cigars (for the elderly). Then we spent the day getting pummeled by waves, flinging mud at each other, chilling and tasting some beer on the white sand. We got peckish as the sun set and decided to go into town for dinner. Man, that was the longest route I've ever taken. There was hardly any light along the mountain road and it was rather terrifying. Anyway, we had excellent seafood at a very reasonable price and our first ever 'class reunion dinner' was a blast. 

By the time we got back to our chalets it's almost midnight which meant party time. Unfortunately I was feeling exhausted and kept dozing off so I went to curl up in bed early. The next thing I knew, my current bf leaned over and asked if I could be his girlfriend. I said Idk and giggled. Eventually I said yes and then he left me surprised with a peck on the lips and said he will be back soon (he was away for some drinks). My heart literally skipped a beat. It was magical. One thing I remember is that I slept with a smile on my face that night.

On the second day we explored the island a little more. We didn't have much time so we only got to visit Gallery PerdanaLangkawi Wildlife Park and Oriental Village. It's all about food, art and animals! Oh, and not forgetting the tranquil, breathtaking sunset which we pulled over just to watch while we were on our way back from Oriental Village. Before we could take a few decent photos for memory, it just disappeared. Brief yet beautiful!

We decided to have dinner at a street burger stall and their burgers were hands down very good, yum! Next we had our little drinking session at the beach, we also played some cards and whoever lost the game had to take a sip of beer. As it got later I had a long walk with the boyfriend along the beach before we hit the sack. Ahhh take me back to the place with the most amazing starry sky I've ever seen in my life! 

The next morning I woke up to a beautiful sunny day. It was the last day and everyone was knocked out so we took the chance to sit down and enjoy the sea breeze as we cuddled and talked about whatever we felt like talking about. Good time. 

No one leaves Langkawi without some chocolate. The girls were somewhat excited about our last-minute chocolate shopping but I didn't buy a lot 'cause I don't particularly like chocolate. There, I said it, yep. I asked if my dad wanted something but they were flying overseas so he suggested I should keep the money.

Overall it was a fun and wonderful trip I'd say. Thanks for the memories guys!


Day 1









Day 2

















Day 3



No comments:

Post a Comment