Day 4 In Singapore: Wedding Dinner

28th Dec was the main reason why we visited Singapore this time. If it wasn't for my mum's distant cousin's wedding dinner we would have been putting off our Singapore trip until god-knows-when.  

In the afternoon my dad drove to my mum's paternal aunt's apartment in Jurong for the tea ceremony where the couple serve tea to the elders in order of age. My brother and I never met this family it was all new to us so we felt rather awkward being around the other families and friends of theirs. 

After the buffet and tea ceremony, my dad decided he would drop by his cousin brother's apartment for a chat. Uncle Ricky and his wife were both very friendly and their little daughter was very precious too. They showed us some of their favourite videos - turns out they were some Bollywood dancing scenes. We had a great time watching them. I mean, who isn't amazed at Bollywood dance!

At around 7:30pm guests were starting to flood the Grant Park City Hall ballroom. There were a lot of tables and we were seated at the left corner to the stage. Clips of the bride and groom and their family were on the screen showing their childhood memories and all that stuff while food was being served one by one. Friends and families were also invited to stage to propose a big toast together as usual in Chinese culture. I don't recall the food being bad so I guess it was pretty good. 

We went down to Orchard Road for their famous Christmas lights after the dinner. I tried to take some pics from the car but most of them turned out really blurry due to low light and shaky ride. 

There wasn't any pics from 29th in my camera so I reckon we were leaving for Malaysia by that time.



















4 comments:

  1. This sounds like such an eventful day. The tea ceremony seems like something I would love to witness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your mums cousin ^_^
    The food looks very homey and delicious!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. singapore seems cool and the food looks good :)

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah!! This place looks amazing. I am looking for nice banquet halls in Miami on lease because I am an event planner by profession and I have planned number of weddings. For my event planning business, I need some space. I think I can go for this but I don’t know its location. So could you please send me the location as well as price of this property?

    ReplyDelete