Graduation & Convocation 2014

If you haven't been in my life, that's alright, here's an update for you - I graduated last year with Diploma in Fine Art after 3 years being in art college, yay!!


150814-170814 EAA GRADUATION SHOWCASE

Before starting anything, the graduation committee decided to go with the name eleven eight for our graduation showcase as a reference to our batch name 118 which indicated 20(11) August(8) intake and we thought we would like to be remembered as the one and only 118 batch of our time. 

The 118 graduates (there were only 30 of us) from Equator Academy of Art & Design were made up of 5 art & design departments which were Fine Art, Graphic Design, Interior Design, 3D Animation and Fashion Design. Each department was responsible for something with the designing, planning and organising, and together we made a 3-day exhibition happen at Island Plaza, Penang. 

Island Plaza is not as popular as it used to be anymore in Penang so the space rental was rather affordable for us students. Similarly, there was hardly any shoppers and visitors after day 1 of exhibition opening which resulted in us fooling around as shown below.    

I thought it's a shame that we didn't have enough time to do more advertising because some students' work were really brilliant and deserved more attention. Some students' portfolio pages even had a QR code on them you could scan it with your phone and a short secs of motion pictures would show up! 

Photos by
EAA x me















great space for a little bit of football!
5 of my paintings and prints:
Surveillance Of The Border Patrol In The Glass Cage
oil on canvas
Red Sea
oil on canvas
Nature VS Nurture
oil on canvas
Cages
monoprint
Love At First Sight
A/P etching
the ONLY photo taken with my DSLR, don't ask



071214 EAA CONVOCATION

After graduation exhibition, we had to undergo 3 months of internship in our last semester and come back with the result. I chose Johor as my internship place but that's another story for another time.

Due to financial constraints and the number of graduates - I'd like to believe, my college always does this "combined convocation" thing where they put two batches of students together for one convocation ceremony. That being said, the batch that finish their program earlier will have to wait for the next batch to finish theirs to celebrate together. 

My batch was the later batch so lucky us, as soon as we finished internship we got to receive our diploma certificate. 

Was my college really strange for not letting the graduates wear the square academic cap but the lecturers? Or that's how it is for diploma graduates? Oh, and you know when you're nervous on stage you tend to trip and fall? Well I'm just glad I didn't!

If any of you reading this just graduated, I wish you a bright future. 

Photos by
EAA x me


academic award!



14 comments:

  1. You're an art student?! That's so cool!! How's post-graduation life? :)

    Steph
    hellostephni.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your graduation..thought i'm quite late.
    Your work is beautiful..wish i could draw anything remotely close to that:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations on your graduation! looks like it was a fabulous ceremony :) thanks for visiting my blog!
    www.samanthamariko.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the many posts I read today that I really really like!!! i love it dear ♥

    New fun post on the blog
    http://contemporaryboy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like you had a lot of fun!
    thanks for the comment! keep in touch :)

    breepluse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ve just found your blog and I’d like to say that I’m in love with it!
    I like your posts and photos! Really amazing!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on graduating! Thanks for stopping over at my blog and taking the time to write such meaningful comments. Keep up your great artwork!

    http://itsjpei.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!!! Nice painting, l like the red sea one!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats! and best wishes on whats to come
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. CONGRATS babe!!!
    i would soooo love to have your card (as shown in the pic) =D

    ReplyDelete