Sian Tien San Tee Temple

Anyone from Pantai Remis or the nearby towns in Perak would recognise this Chinese temple which is called Sian Tien San Tee temple (玄天上帝庙 xuán tiān shànɡ dì miào) because well P. Remis is a really small fishing town. The temple was named in honor of 玄天上帝(xuán tiān shànɡ dì) the god of martial arts worshiped in Taoism and 庙 (miào) literally means temple. 

There is a kindergarten right opposite the temple (sorry no pics for now) which was named after xuan tian shang di temple and that's where I spent my first three years of preschool at. Yes I grew up and lived in Pantai Remis until I was 14, we then moved to a bigger town Sitiawan because my dad wanted to get us a better secondary education.

Besides organising Chinese/Taoism celebrations, the temple committee also encourage students to work hard in their studies by rewarding scholarships to qualified temple members' children each year. My mum still remained a society member of the temple even though we moved away 8 years ago. I took these two photos last month when we visited there to pick up the scholarship form for my brother. 

The last pic was taken by my dad, it's my sister and I (in my kindergarten uniform!) in front of xuan tian shang di temple in 1997. Not much difference in the temple is there?






10 comments:

  1. If anything, the temple is perfectly maintained all throughout the years <3
    I really love the photos you took, somehow feels so home.. prolly because
    my hometown have the same ambiance and vibe :3 Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The architecture is amazing! Seeing your throwback picture and current one of the temple looks so cool! You can tell the temple was really taken care of ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. It pretty much still look the same.
    Awesome that the place is still maintained so well through the years! :)

    Best, Albert | Palming Pebbles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww haha that last picture is so cute! It does look the same. And so intricately decorated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that last photo - how nostalgic! It's incredible to see that the architecture has remained despite so much time passing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so neat to see the similarities of the 1st and last picture over time. so neat that you were able to go back :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a cute photo! Love that the temple still looks the same.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Little bridges near temples/shrines/gardens are the cutest. Lovely photos.

    xx opinionslave.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a very beautiful temple! I like the throwback picture at the end.

    http://blog.jessicapei.com/

    ReplyDelete